Sunday, January 6, 2013

Another Weekend Gone

So I spent the weekend with my nerd in a shiny Toyota.  Yeah, similar to a knight in shining armour, except this is the 21st century and we don't really have knights anymore and nobody really wears armour anymore either, except for like Under Armour brand clothing -- so nerd in a shiny Toyota (NIST) is my version of a fairytale hero.  I'm in love with NIST, but I've totally been friend-zoned.  We've all been there.  It's okay though.  He's one of my best friends ever.  He came into my life and rescued me from He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named (yes, Harry Potter fans, I dated a guy who was pretty much as evil as Lord Voldemort himself, minus the whole horcruxes thing).  For that rescue, I will forever be grateful.  

Anyway, this weekend was pretty fun.  We watched the Lord of the Rings movies (hey--the first letter in his name stands for NERD!).  We watched football.  We ate great food.  It was a nice time.  I love weekends, but hate when they are ending and the threat of Monday looms nearby.  I like to spend Sundays relaxing and reminiscing over my weekend when really, I should be planning for my crazy busy work day tomorrow.  Instead, I'm watching Storytellers on Palladia, playing SongPop, and blogging.  And trying not to eat the cake that my mother vindictively placed in my kitchen while I was away this weekend.  (I said I would try to work on the willpower thing...I can't help it if someone else puts chocolate cake on my counter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment